Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beauty and the Blog


Well, I've gone and done it. I've started a blog. I think I just have too much to say than can be contained in my laughable ten minute limit on youtube. And youtube is probably where you met me. I am the creator of Lisa Freemont Street and no, my name isn't Lisa Freemont. It's Ashley. The channel name is actually a blend of two of my biggest inspirations: Grace Kelly and Vintage Las Vegas. For those of you who are fellow Hitchcock fans, you probably remember Grace's character in Rear Window-Lisa Fremont. Her grace and poise were beautifully portrayed in that film (along w/ the phenomenal Edith Head fashions she wore) but she also had a spunky, adventurous side that I loved. On the other hand, I also have a pension for glitz and kitch, so I had to throw a little 'Fremont Street' into the mix. Yes, I'm aware of the difference in spelling...but when you type in 'Freemont Street' on google, just WHO comes up? See? There's a method to my madness!

Anyway, I've opted to start a beauty blog dedicated to detailed product reviews, fashion opinions, and retro styling. This spot will house lots of odd ramblings about the era I love best, a few movie reviews, and maybe a couple of words about the classic ladies of cinema that have always held a special place in my heart. So if there is a product or movie you'd like to see reviewed, feel free to shoot me a message.

A brief word about me: I am a mid-thirties lady who feels much younger, probably due to the fact that my four crazy kids keep me very active. I value fitness and routine as well as fashion. My husband and I have been together since 1995, when we married, and things are going well on the homefront. I grew up in a family that adores classic film and music. Music has always been an outlet (not creatively...we're academics!)in the lives of myself and my husband. So music plays a major part in my videos, as you probably know. We live in Memphis Tennessee, only a few blocks from Sun Studios and we value the history and culture in our neighborhood greatly. I am not a liscensed beautician and am entirely self taught. But I feel that anyone can accomplish something in a field they are passionate about. So that's me!

Here's to elegant expressions and cosmetic conversation!

Ashley