Thursday, September 22, 2011

In The Dressing Room- With Heartbreaker Fashion!


Ready to break some hearts? Heartbreaker Fashion has been helping gals do it for years!

One of my favorite vintage inspired lines out there, Heartbreaker Fashion is the brain child of mother/daughter team- Teresa and Amanda Becker. By May of 2008, the initially 'home based' business had grown out of its britches and was making its mark at an ever increasing office/warehouse space located in San Dimas, CA. The casual elegance of their travel-friendly styles will certainly keep them growing and adding even more darling designs to their already impressive selection.

Since I already had some Heartbreaker pieces in my collection, I was extra excited to get a message from Mandie Bee, informing me that she'd like to contribute to my Dressing Room Series. She sent me two dresses for your consideration, which I review thoroughly in the following video:



The first dress is their very popular style, The Sweetie Dress. This comfortably cut halter dress has been around since the inception of the business, and it's no wonder! The classic lines, cotton fabric, and easy flow of this dress makes it an absolutely ideal piece for ladies on the go. Pair it with ballet flats for a trip to the park, heels for a dinner date, and a sweet shoulder shrug for those cooler evenings. The dress retails for 90.00.

The 2nd dress they sent, The Monique Dress, is my favorite of the two. It has a classic late 50's/early 60's shape that is universally flattering. Also constructed of a quality cotton, the boat neck really frames the face and the simple sash at the waist creates a clean and complimentary silhouette. Another ideal dress for busy days around the office, it also dresses up nicely for a night out! Simply change your shoes and add a snazzy hair accessory and you're ready to go! Retails for 90.00


The 3rd dress I reviewed is one I've owned for about 3 years, the Astro Dress. Though my particular fabric is not currently available on the site, it's easy to see why the style continues to stick around. Reasonably priced at 88.00, this dress features a crossover neckline, patterned belt at the wide waistband, and additional touches that really help make it special. It works especially well for day, also being constructed of high quality cotton, and though the neckline is a little low for me (I usually wear a camisole underneath), continues to be a go-to dress in my wardrobe.



The last item I wanted to feature (but technical difficulties prevailed) was one of my favorite separates, my Trixie Top. Suffice it to say that I have never owned a knit item that has held up so well to washing, wearing, and *gulp* even pregnancy! It has not lost its shape or shrunken up at all, which is saying a lot. The neckline is decidedly 60's inspired, which I love, and the length is very flattering since it easily sits over the hips and doesn't ride up. Get thee some Trixie Tops now! (I actually think I've mentioned this before on my blog but it bears repeating.)

In addition to these lovely frocks, Heartbreaker has also broadened their options to include (quality) hair accessories, intimates, and swimwear!

It's easy to see why the company's motto is:
'Made in California with Love and No Regrets.'

So get to clickin' on that link at the right and once again, 'Happy Shopping, Ladies'!

xxoo,
Ashley