Monday, February 15, 2010

Ahoy, Mateys!


I am the first to admit when I missed the 'boat', so to speak. In this case, I made the following video a bit prematurely:



Alot of you may remember the video...it featured my favorite places to shop for retro inspired swimwear and shoes. I just discovered, however, another great online store specializing in playsuits and swimwear that are perfect for vintage loving gals. I saw an ad for Vintage Suits by Mary on the Viva Las Vegas website just this past week. I was immediately drawn to the sailor inspired playsuit above as well as the darling floral patterns of her authentically styled sarong swimwear.

In addition to those lovely little pieces, there are other options on the site-including adorable retro inspired aprons and even an option for embellishing your own current swimsuit to make it extra special! Just send your favorite suit to Mary and she will use her talented fingers along with some rhinestones or beading and give it just the proper amount of 'oomph'!

Vintage Suits by Mary are set to show at the 'VLV Fashion Show' on April 2nd, and she also has a fan page on facebook. I'm looking forward to taking full advantage of both opportunites to keep up with whatever is next for this exciting shop.