Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Animated Angels~'Go Ask Alice'


For this edition of 'Animated Angels', I chose to create an Alice In Wonderland inspired hairstyle and makeup look. Considering the Disney version of this character, I opted to go with a very natural and girly situation...soft curls, a black bow, and very natural retro tinged makeup. I also found some dresses on neighboring vintage inspired sites that went perfectly with the look.





Product List:

Face: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
Besame' Loose Powder
Revlon Colorstay under-eye concealer

Eyes: Coastal Scents 78 Palette
Maybelline Concealer Stick in 'white'
Maybelline Define-a-brow pencil in 'Medium Brown'
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in black (not sure of the official name)
Salon Secrets Lashes in Number 53
NYX Loose Shadow in 'White Pearl'

Cheeks and Lips:
ELF Cream Blush in 'Temptress'
NYX Lip Lacquer in 'Sweet Pea'
Julie Hewett Lip Liner in 'Film Noir'

After Finishing the look, I realized that it didn't really suit the twisted nature of this story...frankly, the Disney version attempts a little too zealously to make it 'child friendly'. The original story is bizarre and nightmarish, not nearly so whimsical and optimistic. Therefore, I decided at the last minute to create a makeup look on the fly that would more accurately depict that mood.
As far as products go, the only items I used that were not in my original product list are the blue lipstick (which is from the 66 lip palette that I purchased on Ebay), the blue eye liner from NYX, and the NYX eyelashes that I used on the top. The bottom lashes are the same ones I used at the top lash line in the previous natural 'Alice' look. Oh, and I used Besame' 'Noir Red' lipstick to create the fading hearts on my cheeks. The headpiece is an off the wall item that I received last year from Taissa Lada Designs on Etsy. Gotta say, it was fun to do something a little 'mad', for a change!